June 10, 2009

Not feeling particularly motivated

In ten days time, I will be running in the 2009 Run Melbourne "fun" run. I have done very little training over the past several weeks and before that, I was lucky if I ran even 2-2Km at the gym on the weekends. It would appear that when the 28th comes around, it will be a case of a steady pace and putting one foot in front of the other for the 5Km. I used to go to the gym twice a week in addition to my Personal Trainer and in general, run on both of those days. Why I lost my motivation, I'm not sure.

I have an Orbea Tri Bike sitting here in my study that has been rode too few times. I had got it two years ago and started riding in preparation to do some duathlons (don't even talk to me about swimming; I'm one of these people who tries to swim and never moves from the same spot!), but that ambition also dried up.

The whole lack of motivation thing is kind of surprising to me, given the fact that I used to be an aerobic instructor back in the days before Les Mills, and would sometimes 3 classes a night several times a week. Perhaps it goes back to one of my earlier posts about t-shirts (I'm wearing one now despite a not-so-warm house) and that as we get older, our abilities, and in this case, motivation changes. It's not that I don't want to; I really want to be a good runner, good cyclist, and even learn to swim in any direction, but I just lack the self motivation these days. Maybe I need to join a group and train with them, but then I'm not the most social of people a lot of the time, but that's a whole other post!

No comments: