May 9, 2009

Eight things I noticed on my trip to town

I've just been into town for a little shopping trip and a look around. A couple of books, a coffee and an extra battery for my laptop later, I thought I'd note down eight things that I noticed or came to mind on my little trip:

1. It's very common for people to stop at tops of escalators or in doorways while they wonder where they're going next without realising they're holding up a stream of people.
2. We drive on the left but tend to walk on the right (or all over the place in some places, e.g. Myer Bourke street store).
3. Some people have a knack of walking right in front of you and somehow moving in front of you again when you attempt to walk around.
4. There seems to be very few places for someone to sit down and have a relaxing cup of coffee without there being heaps of people also sitting, talking, walking or being pretty painful also having a coffee in the same place.
5. If you walk down Bourke street Mall, looking at your friend behind you while calling him a "stalker" then I'm bound to call you a something that rhymes back.
6. Hopetoun Tea Rooms in Block arcade do a respectable latte in a cup.
7. Apart from Myer and DJs, there is no dedicated Apple shop within a hop/skip/jump of the Bourke street Mall.
8. Whoever writes the "humorous" Mother's Day cards should quit now and start looking for a new job (there were some terrible ones in Myer)

No comments: