June 29, 2009

Run Melbourne result

Well did I do it? Yes I did!
Can we fix it? It seems we can!

I completed the 5 km run in a time of 00:31:04 which, for me, was great. I had planned to stick to a pace of 6 minutes per kilometer, but ran somewhere between 5.5 minutes and 6 minutes for most of it. Well that is apart from the 4 or so minutes where I walked across the bridge past the tennis centre and MCG (there was a hill!!).

15128264

That's me on the left!

I consider this result bordering on the amazing, if I may say so myself, given that I hadn't really trained for the month leading up to the run. Like many, training in winter is just such a drag!

14545142

The above graph is from my Polar Personal Trainer software that came with my Polar 625X heart rate monitor. It interprets the data on the monitor that includes heart rate as well as distance and pace from a foot pod. It also talks to my bike. For anyone wanting to run and make a difference, something similar which can track speed/pace is a must have!

The 2009 season of Spring into Shape is my next serious run, although a short course entry in Melbourne Marathon is also kicking around in my head!

No comments: